Associates Distinguished Service
The UHMS Associates Council has designed a distinguished service honor to recognize those individuals who have contributed so much to our Society.
"The Associates Distinguished Service 'ADS' recognition is presented to individual Associate member of the Society whose professional activities and standing are deemed to be exceptional and deserving of the highest recognition we can bestow upon them . . . who have demonstrated devotion and significant time and effort to the administrative, clinical, mechanical, physiological, safety, technical practice, and/or advancement of the hyperbaric community while achieving the highest level of expertise in their respective field. . . demonstrating the professionalism and ethical standards embodied in this recognition and in the UHMS mission.”
Deadline for submission: March 1
POLICY AND PURPOSE
Recognition for Distinguished Service over a significant period of time while contributing to the field of hyperbaric medicine as an individual Associate member of the society, and whose professional activities and standing are deemed to be exceptional and deserving of the highest recognition we can bestow upon them. The Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) Associates Council (AC) confers this recognition based upon the criteria and procedures set forth in this document. Nominated applicants must be current members of the UHMS in good standing with the UHMS, employer (if applicable), and their UHMS-recognized certifying agency. The applicants have demonstrated devotion and significant time and effort to the administrative, clinical, mechanical, physiological, safety, technical practice, and/or advancement of the hyperbaric community while achieving the highest level of expertise in their respective field. They consistently demonstrate the professionalism and ethical standards embodied in this recognition and the mission of the UHMS.
As such, the ADS recognition is an honor awarded to an individual. It is not a right or a qualification, but an acknowledgment of achievement of the highest standards of expertise, practice, and contribution to the field of hyperbaric medicine.
- An individual Associate is nominated by a chapter, national, or international UHMS member in good standing who is familiar with their professional experience and contribution to the hyperbaric medicine community. Nominations will be placed no later than January 1 of each year to be considered for this recognition honor at the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM).
- Nominees with at least 80 participation points (see Appendix A) and ten (10) years of UHMS membership will be considered.
- The nominee will submit the signed and completed application along with the supporting documentation to the UHMS by March 1. If additional information is needed, the applicant will be notified
- Applicants will be considered and reviewed by the AC to determine if they meet the highest standards as outlined in the policy.
- A decision will be made by the AC by March 31 and presented to the Board President for final review. One of three decisions may be reached with the application: 1 - Approved, 2 - Deferred for 1 year, or 3 - Denial of Application. The applicant will be notified by the second week of April.
- If applicant receives a denial, they may appeal and/or reapply next year.
REQUIRED ITEMS TO SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
- Signed application
- Current resume/CV
- Current hyperbaric certification(s) with UHMS-recognized certifying agency (example: CHT, CHRN, DMT)
- No reportable actions pending or otherwise that could reflect poorly on yourself, your employer (if applicable), or the certifying agency
- Minimum of 80 participation points (see Appendix A in application); attach supporting documentation to application.
- Nomination letter from UHMS-recognized chapter, national, or international member in good standing
RECOGNITION OF UHMSDSA
Selected applicants will be formally presented their Associates Distinguished Service 'ADS' recognition honor during a ceremony at the UHMS ASM of that same year. The ADS status is conferred by the UHMS Board President, Associates Nurse Board Representative, and Associates Technologist Board Representative.
Deadline for submission: March 1