This is a free service open to the public. It is the intent of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society to supply the public with ad listings on jobs, equipment for sale and services within the undersea, hyperbaric and wound care medicine fields. The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society does not accredit or sponsor the organizations that have posted ads. Your ad will be posted for a period of 90 days from the time of submission. You will be notified via email 7 days before the 90-day expiration. At that time, you will be able to repost if necessary. If you have any issues, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for igned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multi-disciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
-Provides continuous essment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care. Excises independent judgment in providing nursing care and takes initiative in recommending changes to care plan.- Applicants must p (85% or above) Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor and serve as a mentor.- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors, be capable of handling complex or clinical specialty wound care and initiate changes independently.- Will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards related to pressure ulcer prevention and care.- Must possess leadership abilities.
1. Leads projects involving the development and implementation of new protocols, nursing programs, policies and procedures that impact wound care and support the standards, missions, goals and objectives of Parkland.
2. Serves as a patient advocate by focusing on patients' needs, patient rights, confidentiality and religious or cultural preferences. Ensures positive working relationships are maintained with all Parkland internal and external customers. Serves as a resource for patients, nursing staff and providers for issues pertaining to wound management. Provides pressure ulcer prevention and wound care education to patients and families.
3. Maintains and implements knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact or govern nursing practice, and ensures Parkland is in compliance. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding. Maintains and updates knowledge of sanitation, infection control, safety, supplies, equipment and appropriate utilization of supplies and materials.
4. Completes appropriate documentation. Maintains accurate and timely entries and notations on patient wound care records and hospital documents. Generates unique reports and data collection to support the missions and objectives of wound care and Parkland.
5. Completes special projects as igned.
6. Identifies ways to improve work process and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to the manager and implements and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals and mission of Parkland.
7. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advances and trends in nursing practice related to wound care by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals and participating in professional organizations. Maintains State of Texas Licensure as a Registered nurse, plus a specialty wound care certification. Integrates that knowledge into current practice.
8. Provides education and leadership to licensed and non-licensed staff. Participates in information exchanges with nursing and other Parkland staff that support the standards, missions, goals and objectives of wound care and Parkland. Serves as a preceptor or trainer to newer staff members.
9. Prepares and conducts inservices to support the initiatives of wound care as igned.
10. Serves as the wound care expert on various interdisciplinary committees as igned.
11. Serves as the documentation expert regarding nursing wound care documentation within the electronic medical record and lead initiatives for revision/update/streamlining as needed.
12. Lead the pressure ulcer prevalence process including the coordination of the survey teams, data collection and execution of the process. Functions as a mentor for the Skin Assessment Evaluation Leaders on each floor and the chair of the Skin Assessment Team. Coordinates monthly education topics for the SEALS.
|Job Title||Sr Registered Nurse Specialty - Wound Care Clinic|